Children are an heritage of the Lord....as arrows are in the hand.....happy is the
(wo)man that hath
(her)his quiver full of them. Psalms 127:3-5
Friday, December 4, 2009
Snow in Houston?
Apparently it isn't safe to come to Houston in December. We have snow. The funny thing is that they shut down the schools, they cancelled the Tree Lighting Ceremony downtown tonight and here's the shots of the tremendous amount of snowfall!
You have to realize that here in Houston we do not close the schools because there is too much snow. We close them so the children can play in the snow! I was substitute teaching the day it snowed--the children were so excited they kept going over to the window to watch it fall. We even took them outside for unscheduled recess TWICE before we sent them home early!! I hope you are enjoying your visit--CUTE grandbabies!!
That is TOO funny! They should try spending a winter in Rexburg, Idaho! I actually KISSED the ground when it finally became visible in spring!
ReplyDeleteYou have to realize that here in Houston we do not close the schools because there is too much snow. We close them so the children can play in the snow! I was substitute teaching the day it snowed--the children were so excited they kept going over to the window to watch it fall. We even took them outside for unscheduled recess TWICE before we sent them home early!!
ReplyDeleteI hope you are enjoying your visit--CUTE grandbabies!!