Monday, July 4, 2011

A very memorable holiday week-end!

Friday morning Richard headed to my parent's cabin to help take down some dead trees. He worked all day and spent the night there. Saturday morning Jonathan and I drove up and brought lunch.


Here's my cute niece,Emily picking dandelions. Jonathan and I taught Brigham and Grandpa how to play speed scrabble. Lizzie taking a nap. Grandma making beds. Its hard to get a picture of her holding still, she doesn't. Grandpa in his classy headgear and Richard making a new seat for the swing. They had to take down the 2 huge trees the old swing was on. They put up a new one, but it just isn't as cool as the old one, I'm afraid. Jonathan opening the gate to let us out. I was really green and beautiful up there. The greenest I remember seeing it! Jonathan and Richard washed my van after we got home. Jonathan also washed his Jeep and his Dad's truck and mowed the back lawn that night. Elliott brought her parents to visit on Sunday. Here she is in her darling 4th of July dress. She's started really talking (cute baby sounds anyway) and is so fun! Today seemed like a pretty boring 4th of July until we went to buy this range (the heating element broke in our 26 year old one) at Sears and..Joni sent us a text telling us that Gino had called and proposed!!! This is a picture of their camp-out last summer (I couldn't resist adding it). Gino has 8 more weeks of training in North Carolina, so Joni is happy, but miserable (if you know what I mean). Sounds like wedding plans will be for next summer! Congrats to the happy, miserable couple!





















5 comments:

  1. Yay!!! that is so awesome! Next summer?! How about in 9 weeks?....works for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He can't talk to her for 8 weeks. He doesn't finish in North Carolina until February.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now THAT'S and engagement picture! They should do something like that for their wedding announcement:) Congratulations...let the fun begin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That does look like fun! I love the picture of Elliot, she's such a doll. And we're so happy for Joni and Gino!

    ReplyDelete