We got to the Chapman's in time for dinner on Friday, which is always awesome because Jessica is an amazing cook. We had homemade pepperoni and Barbeque cilantro chicken pizza!! Yum!
Grandpa and the girls in the chair.
Saturday morning Richard and Dan got right to work on the windows. Sophie loves to go out in the backyard to check on the guys and to visit the neighbor's dog. 
First Richard was on the ladder, but Dan spent the majority of the day on the ladder with his superior reach. He got very sunburned.
Sunday morning the girls playing with Dan...
And so ready for conference to start so they could play the game Grandma brought them. Tessa was better at listening than Sophie, but Sophie was more persistant at playing.
Jake and Kim, the Chapman's great friends came and had a great brunch with us. They brought a delicious breakfast casserole. Jess made 2 kinds of delicious muffins.
In front of their beautiful home.
It was a quick trip, but so worth it. I did a terrible job getting pictures of the place. I just was too interesting in playing with the cute grandkids! Believe me when I say its is spacious, well designed and perfect for them! They have lots of projects going on and Richard has more windows to work on, so we'll be back and I'll work harder at getting pictures of everything!.
Fun! Did you guys drive? Another trip planned soon? Don't blame you for playing with kids instead of taking pictures, you are an awesome grandma!
ReplyDeleteYes, we drove. We had a van full of tools besides the 3 of us. We probably will make the next trip after Jonathan graduates, but we'll see.
ReplyDeleteSo cool that you can make a weekend trip. AND that Jonathan was able to join you. Did the Chapmans buy a new house? And were Richard and Dan installing new windows? I do miss Jess's more regular blogging, but also love knowing that she is a busy mother of three that can let some things go:)
ReplyDeleteThey did buy a house. The windows were installed wrong and Richard is helping them fix them. They have a daylight basement so some of the back windows are 3 floors up! I miss her blogging, too, but totally understand!
ReplyDelete