We've also seen how short of a time the Elders and Sister serve in the ward. We've served with 10 Elders and 5 Sisters so far. Its much nicer to be able to stay in the same spot for the whole time!
Our Bishop, Ken Shannon, got an email from the guy who baptized him (my brother-in-law's brother), with pictures of him and his future wife this week. That's a tender mercy that may be why God sent us to Cleveland!
We have quite a few progressing investigators. I'm hoping that at least one of them gets baptized while my sisters and sister-in-law visit, cause baptisms are mission pay days!
The Morales blessed their baby today. Elder Quincy was asked to join the circle. The first baby blessing I've seen here.
We met a member we've been trying to meet for 5 months today! He was very talkative and excited to have visitors. We met a new move in, who was so excited to have visitors that she was kind of giddy. She's texted me 12 times since we visited her today.
We are invited to a crawfish boil on Tuesday night. I'm kind of nervous about that one.
Tammy said she was talking to a friend about thinking of joining the Mormon church. Her friend gave her a hard time and she said; "if I told you was going to becoming a Christian would you tell me I was crazy?" . . "well its the same thing". Her friend said that she hadn't thought of it that way.
We're hoping that the Sisters hurry and teach Timothy the Word of Wisdom so he stops bringing a mug of coffee into Sacrament Meeting with him.
I got a text from Amanda Jones, who moved to Farmington, NM. She said that her kids are getting baptized on March 4th and that she and her husband are preparing to go to the temple! That made me really happy!
Our first grandkid turned 10 today! They grow up so fast!! It seems like all of the grandkids grow up extra fast while we're serving! Another first was my first wedding shower here. It was super fun and I was sorry to have to leave early to make dinner and get to an appointment.
Its been back up in the 80s a few days this week. We had one night in the 30s though. Usually its gorgeous when we walk in the morning. February is about perfect here!
A cool sunset.
Our zone.
Elder Quincy didn't have to buy me flowers (provided by an investigator) or chocolates (from a member) or a card (another investigator) or tootsie rolls (from the sisters), or hearts (from Sister Drake)
Our Book of Mormon class keeps growing! 18 this week!
Working on an investigator's car.
Spring is sprung here!
We got to spend President's Day with the Kendalls! The kids were out of school. I loved watching them play my Zumba game. Sadly, Sydney and Avery were sick!
This was a cool, full rainbow on the way to our lesson Monday night. It was too big to get it all in one shot though.

No comments:
Post a Comment