This week has been amazing! We had our usual great meeting with the Allen bunch, but with Luke there and so excited to be baptized it was better than ever. We had an amazing day Tuesday; everyone we tried to visit was home!! It was like we couldn't go wrong! That has never happened before! We visited about 12 people! We had dinner with the family who's daughter was just baptized on Wednesday and talked to the dad about the priesthood for his 13 year old son. They would do anything for us. I am surprised at how much I love these people! Saturday we had a little miracle. I never take my cell phone when we walk in the morning, but I did. As we almost got home Sister Bradley called us from the church. She was trying to get in to clean and no one else had showed up, so we were able to help her clean the building, Heavenly Father knows and cares about us. Saturday couldn't have been any better! Luke's was the best baptism yet. Partly because he's so excited, but also because so many people came to support him. Tammy had told the Elders before the baptism that she's not ready to be baptized next week. She had some unresolved concerns about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. I prayed all through the baptism that her heart would be touched and all through sacrament meeting yesterday. After church yesterday Tammy said she definitely wants to be baptized, not Saturday, but within the next 2 weeks! I hope to hear the story at the meeting tonight. Another miracle! After church, Ashley got her limited us temple recommend and a recommend to get her Patriarchal Blessing and Luke was interviewed to be ordained a Priest next Sunday. I get teary just thinking about it! We are going to the temple with our district on Thursday. Saturday we are going with Br. Hodges for his first time and on the 28th we're going with Ashley, Luke, Sonya and Jaycie to do baptisms! We are excited! Firsts this week were going all the way East to Beaumont, having Jenny's family involved in a baptism, and Dan talking to an investigator for us about how to get a divorce. Elder Quincy fixed a couple of small things this week and he met with a member to plan a ramp they will build. We had a FHE with a family with 2 young kids that are HORRIBLE in Sacrament meeting this week. We challenged them to be quiet and think about Jesus during the sacrament and they were actually quiet during the sacrament!! Progress! We are having some great adventures!! Life is good here in Texas! Give Jonathan a hug for his birthday for me tomorrow!
How many missionaries does it take to baptize one young man? 7!
The sisters gave me these pretty flowers.
wild flower on the side of the road.
I don't know what these are, but suddenly the little webs were everywhere on Saturday morning. Silk worms?
We drove to Beaumont to pick up Elder Kent for the baptism. He's serving in Lake Charles, Louisiana and a member brought him there and met us. I got a kick out of this town we passed; Sour Lake. We could smell the stink as we approached. Sulfur, I think.
None of Luke's family came, but his girlfriend, Ashley's whole family came! They are awesome like that! My family; the Kendalls, came too! I wasn't smart enough to get a picture of them though. 
We had a ward party; Game night after the baptism. Not a lot of people made it, but for those who did it was very successful and fun!
We turned around and tried to get a picture of the armadillo on the side of the road. This is the best I could do.
It's so wonderful to hear about those people we met and how well they're doing! Give Luke my congratulations!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Marianne