Monday we took dinner to Tammy's. Her parents, sister and nieces were all gone to Tennessee, so we just had Tammy, Luke and Cheyenne. I made lasagna and they loved it. I made 3 of them and took 2 of them to Ramon's for dinner and a lesson on Tuesday. Elder Quincy said the prayer and blessing on the food in Spanish! They were impressed!
Elder Quincy has been doing so much service in the outside heat that we decided he needed this wonderful shade hat. Its been in the 90's with the humidity making it feel like the 100's.
First thing Tueday morning we went to Tammy's to get he primer on her metal roof over her porch. I was sweating buckets in the shade on the ground. Poor Elder Quincy up on that hot metal roof was really feeling the heat!
Then on Thursday about 8 guys cut up the fallen tree, well all except for this highest part. They think they need a lift to get the last part down safely.
Friday night Bridget came to the church for a lesson because we had so many things going on it was the only way to teach her! Elder Quincy got back from helping a family move into the ward just in time to get me, pick up Sandy and drop us at the church and go to help Br. Hodges with the demolition of a closet they are turning into a bathroom. Sandy covered for me in the Family History room while I helped the Elders with Bridget's lesson! She is getting baptized on July 15th!!After her lesson I help Sandy to help Br. Cline get some things straighten out in his family history and to print off a name to take to the temple until Ramon and his family came to the Spanish branches' Dia de los Padres fiesta!
This is Ramon and Maria dancing. Elder Quincy got back at the end of the party in time to talk to Ramon. Have I mentioned that Ramon really likes Elder Quincy?
Saturday morning we picked up the Sisters and went to Monique's to help clean and organize her car port. I wish I'd gotten a before picture.
It had been full of stuff that was stacked all over this floor. There were piles of dirty dishes (she hates to wash dishes, so she stacks them out there), which I took inside and washed..
This old wood that had been on the ground we put on a coffee table she had us tie up in the rafters.
We rushed back to Cleveland from the temple. Elder Quincy dropped me off at a member's house for the wedding shower for Christina. (The one getting married and baptized on July 1st).
She was in the hospital in a coma from septic pneumonia, not expected to make it through the night a few weeks ago, so its really a blessing that she's going to be able to go ahead with the wedding/baptism plans!
It was really fun! While I was eating and laughing and enjoying these fun ladies, Elder Quincy was checking out another tree that needs to come down and buying materials with Br. Bright for the bathroom he's building this week.
So we got back home in time for me to cook the taco meat and Elder Quincy to help the neighbors fix their dryer.
Elder Barrett goes home Tuesday. We had a good bye/Father's day dinner with all the missionaries in the district. It was really fun and sad at the same time! We are really going to miss Elder Barrett! 
Sister Houseman is getting transferred tomorrow. We're going to miss her, too! I really don't like transfers!
Vaya con Dios Elder Barrett!
No comments:
Post a Comment