We had a fun barbeque on the 4th of July. Jack and Stephanie came up from BYU. Josh, Meg, Matt. and Joni went waterskiing at Utah Lake and then came to the barbeque. Sadly I didn't remember to take any pictures until they were gone. I left the camera home also when we rushed up to Grandma's to see Joe, Elizabeth and Ezra. Scott, Kristi, Brigham and Emily were there, too. We gave Grandpa and Grandma their joint birthday present early since I'll be at Cub day camps the next 2 days. They are the most amazing people! I hope I can be as sharp and active and fit as they are when I'm 80. Happy Birthday you two! Here they are on their 60th Wedding Anniversary last year;

I did take pictures of the gathering today, but Joni and Matt didn't make it. It was a Shreve week. Sharing is hard!
Here's the Sunday crowd.
Josh and Meg got their nap on the couch today which was somewhat roomier than this loveseat they shared to listen to Jonathan's FHE lesson.
Richard started the work on the new grandkid play area in the back. He's making a safer platform for the slide. I'll update as he gets more done. I can hardly wait to see Sophie playing on it!
I am very excited to hear the outcome of the ultrasound to discover the sex of the Kendall baby tomorrow! I should be back from day camp just in time to hear!!
Can't wait for Dad's new playground. It still surprises me that your grass is greener than mine. Still not much rain in Houston.
ReplyDeleteLooks like quite the backyard project! Dad's always good at finding one of those to do. I'm sure the playground will be awesome!! Can't wait to see you in 2 weeks!
ReplyDeleteI think you'll give grandma and grandpa a run for their money--talk about being active Chris, do you read your own blog? I can't even keep up with your family's goings-on. On an unrelated note, I have to share a part of a conversation I had with Leah last weekend. We were talking about all the exceptional people we know (you included) and what they share in common. We decided the people who took notice of us and made us feel special when we were little kids are the type of people we want to be. Leah and I both remember how you made us feel loved when we were little and even now that we're big! We love you!
ReplyDeleteOh, and looking forward to ultrasound pictures...
I'm looking forward to seeing the progress on the backyard....we may even have to run over and see it. Looks like a fun project!
ReplyDeleteMary, thanks for the sweet comments! Its makes me feel good! You and Leah have always been easy to love!
ReplyDelete