Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Good bye for now Uncle Glen!

Uncle Lee and Dad saying goodbye to Uncle Glen. So glad they made it in time!
My Uncle Glen passed to the next life last night. He was an amazing man, who set a wonderful example for me! I have so many good memories of reunions at his Bear Lake cabin from when I was tiny until I was a mom. I especially loved the fireside sing-alongs. I'll never sing "Sipping Cider Through A Straw" without wishing Uncle Glen were there to lead it. He was good!
I'm so thankful that I made it to the Ellis family reunion this summer! I really didn't have time to go. I had to be somewhere 30 minutes after it started and it was at least a 30 minute drive to get there, but I left early hoping I'd find someone there and almost all of my Aunts and Uncles, my Mom and Dad and lots of my cousins were there! Thankfully I got that last hug and kiss from Uncle Glen before I left. I want to be just like him when I grow up!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss. There's always comfort in knowing that he's in a better place with loved ones gone before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it great to think of Elaine with him now?

    ReplyDelete