I really missed being here for this gathering last year. I love this wonderful group of people I'm related to. I found myself wishing I could be in Houston and Denver also, though. With Josh and Meg in Las Vegas the Quincy clan had a small showing this year..

Of course half of the gym is kept open for basketball!

Aunt Caitlyn showing off Dex to the the Ellis cousins.

Jodi (the great babysitter) holding Scott and Kristi's little Isabel.

Dex smiling for his great aunt Chris.

Nancy and Erika passing out Christmas gifts. Our family has the tradition of bringing gifts to Thanksgiving dinner.

Cute little Wes and his family. His momma is due 4 days before Meg.

This was the table for the serious Black Friday planning!

Grandpa enjoying one more piece of pie! The poor guy had kidney stone attacks the last 3 nights and was sleep deprived!

My mom and Emily. When is this woman going to act her age? We went early to help set up. Usually the family before us leaves the tables up, but for some reason they had put them all away, and there was my 81 year old mother starting to pull the tables out. Thank goodness we got there when we did or she and Dad would have had it all done without us!

And yes, Jonathan came and helped with the tables, played the piano, played some speed scrabble and of course ate lots of turkey. We were all happy when Jack and Steph made it!

Joni came to see the new Harry Potter with us earlier in the day and planned to make it for dessert, but since she had to work 2 jobs; a total of 15 hours on Black Friday, I guess she decided to crash after dinner with her roommate. I hope everyone had a great day! I am so blessed and thankful for my family and friends and for the gospel that gives deeper meaning to every aspect of my life!
Chris, Thanks for the neat little window into Ellis Thanksgiving! It was a new experience for our family this year. Rob and I traveled to Sacramento to be with Adam, Summer, Noah, Ava, Grant, Min, Mary, Charlotte, Freddie, and Lionel. We loved being with them, but missed the other 10 members of our family!!
ReplyDeleteIts hard when you are divided, isn't it?
ReplyDelete