Sunday, November 15, 2009

Wedding, Banquet, Practice, Shower & Performance

What a funfilled week-end! My nephew Kevin was married on Friday the 13th. It was really nice, except that I had one of my most embarrassing moments; the cell phone I was sure I'd turned off, rang in the sealing room. Luckily it was before the couple arrived, so they won't remember it with their wedding memories. We had a couple of hours between pictures and the luncheon so we took a tour of the new Family History Library with Scott, Grandma and Grandpa. They showed us a movie that brought me to tears. I was impressed, but disappointed that I couldn't actually do any online ancestry.com work there.
The luncheon was really nice.

The freeway was closed southbound, so we had a long and scenic drive home and lots of bonding time with Erika, which is always fun.
We got home about half of an hour before I was supposed to have my salad at the church for the Stake High Priest Banquet. While I made the salad, my sweet husband went and picked up the Papa Murphy Pizzas I need for the Primary Practice the next morning.
We hit the banquet, which was as wonderful as always, except for the sad news that our old stake president, Merl Shumway has a tumor in his liver. We left early and made it to Kevin and Emily's reception. Where we got the key to Grandma's house so we could drop the family group gift off at their apartment on our way home, then stopped at Walmart for the donuts for the Primary Practice and finally got home and out of our dress up clothes.
The Primary Program Practice went well. Richard came and helped set everything up for us and cooked the pizza while we practiced.
We got home with over an hour before the shower. The baby shower for Natalie was a blast! She's having a baby boy in January. It was great to have friends from our ward, our old ward, the cute ladies from work, and some of Natalie's family and friends. She hauled in a ton of gifts!
Sunday was correlation meeting at 7:30 am, and the Primary Sacrament Meeting Presentation. It was great! I'm really proud of my kids. Few, but awesome. This is the cover that I printed up for the program. I managed to get all but 2 of the families of our Primary kids. Now to get ready for Chapmans coming here and my trip to Houston!! Woo Hoo!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting the shower, Chris! It was GREAT! I didn't know you captured a picture of the "green blob" (me)...I was trying to avoid that, as you can see on my blog :)! Thanks again for a WONDERFUL shower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, did you take time to breathe this weekend?
    Sorry I didn't make it to the shower, I did give Howard a gift for Natalie at church yesterday. Thanks for sharing the soup recipe, it looks great! Totally cute cover for your Primary presentation:)

    ReplyDelete